Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why I Loved New York - 1

Okay, it's not like I am diabetic. Neither am I working on this "toilets - the worldover" paper. It's just a shuttling between airports/cities thing.

Peoria Airport - very clean loo
Chicago (O'Hare) Airport - very clean loo
Detroit Airport - very clean loo

And I told myself this is the US, first world and what-not.

Next stop JFK. Avishek was meeting me in 20 minutes. I'd been told Harlem was not too close to the airport. So I decided to pay the loo a visit. I mean, why not?

For a minute I thought I'd stepped on a portkey that had transported me straight to the Howrah Station. Apparently not.

That's when I fell in love with New York.

3 Comments:

Blogger PriyatRaj said...

I read this post and hollered, "Comrade!" Dirty loos, messy roads, shifty peddlers - some of the things that make NY a world heritage, rather than just a city in the US.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Mitul said...

I know this "falling" for a city feeling. At the risk of excluding proletarian Dip Narayan from this discussion on world loos, I felt something very similar at Heathrow and Luton, London. The loos at Munich and Berlin, however, left me cold, an "ethnic cleansing" vibe in their ultra-clean interiors. Dubai's, like the city itself, is devoid of any character.
You know, it's an interesting point that you brought up in your blog. Can you judge a city by its airport loos? The possibilities of this discussion is endless. Let's not be constipated in our contributions, friends...

3:10 PM  
Blogger Dip Narayan said...

Hmmmpphhh!!!

Since you guys are at it, have a look at a blog called The Good Loo Guide on Calcutta loos. Me the poor provincial.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home