Thursday, August 28, 2008

I don't enjoy writing. In fact, 'despise it' would be more near the real thing. But here I am – saddled with a blog (let's not get into the whys and wherefores, please). And not feeling very enthusiastic about 'posts'. Add to that guilt – creeping in on you when you least expect it. I mean, here you go and create a bloody blog (well, technically speaking, I didn't create it; and it's not really bloody) and then you don't really want to go and write. Why? Because you despise writing, remember? Also, here's an aside: I am super lazy (in case you didn't know; or haven't figured by now). Bottomline: poor old blog languishes in blogosphere! Which is not necessarily a bad thing; but what the heck, I don’t know what said blog is thinking. Do I?

Cut to...

One lazy August afternoon. And a stroke of genius (on my part, of course)! I pinged/called/accosted friends: “Hey, why don’t you write something for my blog?” And they agreed (all but one). Some because they like writing and don’t have their own blogs. No being saddled with a tiresome blog and nothing to write. Smart, hunh? Some because I sold ‘collaborative writing, Web 2.0' to them. Heh heh. And, of course, because they are all friends. Different matter, of course, that after a month, I have just one ‘entry’ (after a few million reminders). One more is on the way (S don’t ditch). As for the rest, well here’s to more reminders, threats, et al. Ha Ha!

So, I will keep posting their stuff from time to time. With a little line on the writers. There's no theme, no mood. They can write anything, about anything. Free falling. And somewhere along the way (I am hoping) I’ll write a bit myself. So there.

P.S. I am calling this 'collection' (heh heh) "The Others". Eeeuuww. Someone please suggest a better title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home